Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Internet problems

I sit down at the computer. I press the Mozilla icon. No connection. Doh. What did I do? I had messed with some stuff earlier in the day dealing with cookies and tracking software and thought that maybe one of those had corrupted my connection and when I removed it, it made it impossible for the computer to see the modem. This has happened before and I've been able to fix them with only a little bit of pain but this one was not good. I changed settings. I backdated the spyware finders. I backdated to earlier restore points. It was getting late or early as it were. I gave up and called for help. Charter Communications had a recorded message that they were experiencing dificulties with the internet in the whole state of Minnesota. Well, isn't that swell. Time to hit the sack and hope that Olivia sleeps in some.
I cross my fingers and turn on the computer. Connection. Sweet.
Yesterday we dropped Olivia off at daycare and headed over to Menards to pick up some stuff. We bought some paint for the wainscoating in the basement, some drain pipe for a leaky sink, and some carpet tape. We also bought #50 of End-Ice and I used the whole bag on our driveway and I don't know that it did much to the mounds of ice there.
We went to the hospital and talked with the doctors. They say he's doing ok but needs to keep working on his breathing. He eats a lot too. They pump a lot of milk into his stomach and he seems to enjoy it.
Elena and I went to Salad Brothers for lunch and I had a baked potato with salsa and cottage cheese with chives. Mmm.
We go back and kangaroo him for a few hours and he seems to enjoy that. When we put him down he gets all agitated and not happy with the nurse for doing cares.
We pick up Olivia and she helps me under the sink and we re-do the drain. I had just purchased some new hacksaw blades and man that made the job a lot easier and quicker. I wanted to put masking tape in the basement for painting but a show on the French Revolution came on that I wanted to watch so Livi and I watched that while Elena went back to the hospital.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home