Monday, April 11, 2005

Long Day

written by Elena

Well, here it is 7:15am and I'm still waiting to go to bed. That's right, you read that correctly, I am still awake from yesterday!!! Both Olivia and Zachary have colds - again!!! Well, and me, too. Anyway, last night was a normal night until about 12:30am when Olivia woke up from coughing. So I get out of bed, go out to the kitchen and get her cough medicine drawn up and go in her room, and the rebellion begins before I even get close to her. Let's just say that after trying - unsuccessfully - to give her her medicine, she threw up all over her bed, sheets, and blankets, not to mention herself. Of course, at the same time, Zach wakes up to eat. So while Scott changes Zach's diaper, I change Olivia's bedsheets while she sits crying in the bathtub, still getting sick. Scott gets done with Zach and we switch kids. I feed Zachary and Scott changes Olivia and gets her settled in to bed. End of night? Oh no, not at the Watson household...

So then both kids are still awake at 2:00am, and Scott and I are about to our wits' end, so I pull out the big guns. I figure since I'm wide awake, I load the kids into the car and we'll cruise for a bit. Well, Zach obviously read the manual because he went right to sleep. Olivia was still wide awake when we got home, ready to play with the dog and toys and all. But we keep telling her it's way past bedtime, and tuck her back into bed.

Ah, finally in my own bed - it's only 3:15am. And then...

Let me shorten this already long story down to the highlights: Olivia screaming all night long because she doesn't want to go to bed, and Scott ang I taking turns settling her in, all the while getting madder and madder... Finally I'd had enough at 5:45am - I got out of bed and Olivia and I went out to the living room to play. Oh, did she have a blast!!! So I decided I'd dust the living room. Turned on music videos and dusted while Olivia played. And then finally at 7:00am, she fell asleep on the couch - Hallelujah!!!!!!!

So now it's 7:15am, and I hear Zach, who is hungry again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home