Saturday, July 09, 2005

A letter from Malaysia

I come home from work today and find the house empty. Elena and the kids are out driving I surmise. I check the mail and I find a Manila envelope addressed to me with no return address with stamps from Malaysia. The first thing that comes to mind is that some terrorist is trying to poison me with anthrax. Then I think that is someone is going to the trouble of using anthrax they'd probably look for a higher profile target than myself. I still don't open it.

Elena and the kids come home and I show her the letter. I tell her what I was thinking and she promptly opens it. OK then. It was a Shrek DVD that she'd ordered off of Ebay.

Zach has been working on his rolling skills. He's almost there. He can grab onto things a lot better with more coordination. He smiles and laughs a lot.

We've been watching Dora the Explorer quite a bit recently. Elena picked up a couple of DVD's of her and Olivia just loves it. She almost overstimulates herself screaming "Dora! Dora! Dora!" or "Boots! Boots! Boots!" When Swiper comes on Olivia will say, "Oh Man!"

We watched a couple of movies. Spanglish with Adam Sandler. It was about a famous chef, Sandler, married to a nutcase, Tea Leone, and their Hispanic non-English speaking maid, Paz Vega. I thought that it would be a comedy but it wasn't. I still liked it.

The other movie was Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story with Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn. I liked it a lot. Just hilarious. Rip Torn played a coach. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home