Saturday, October 22, 2005

Pumpkin Patch

We went to this pumpkin patch today with the kids. There is a farm house that every year sets up a huge play park for kids. They have a hay ride to the pumpkins, animals, different stations of fun things to do, a stage where they put on puppet shows. It was kinda windy and cold but we still stayed about an hour and a half. We could have stayed all afternoon and not gotten through everything I think. It was a massive, well organized event. They had food for sale and little booths where people took tickets and gave hand-stamps.

We had an open house today and that went really well. Looked like a lot of people came by and we'll see what happens.

Elena dropped the kids off at Nadine's this afternoon. So I've had a good part of the day to myself which has been really nice. Mowed the lawn, watched my tape of the hawkeyes lose in OT to Michigan, and played the computer.

Spent the night catching up on taped shows in this nice quiet house and tooled around on the computer.

Friday night I got together with some guys for a poker night. There were about 10 guys there and I knew a couple of them. We played three tournaments of the no limit Texas hold-em like what is on TV all the time. I went there to have some fun but was lucky enough to win the second tournie and break even on the third so I came home with $20 extra dollars. Some of these guy really get into poker. I mean really into it. They have all the books and play online for hours every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home