Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lawn tractor

We bought a lawn tractor the other day and it has been going great. Much easier to mow with that thing than by pushing. I mowed for about an hour today and did the whole backyard.

We've been playing a lot outside when it has been nice. Those few days when it has rained have really been downers for the whole family. The kids just are on 11 the whole day without their usual outlet of running the trail, sandboxing and swinging. Zach is a big time walker now and doesn't want your help. He practices on stairs yet. He heads for either the front door step or the step from the garage and he'll climb up. Then he turns around and bellyflops down and scooches down. He lays almost parallel to the step and drops a leg over, then the other and then pushes with his hands his belly a bit to come to standing. That's what is supposed to happen and usually does. He's getting better.

Zach is also a big helper around the house. His favorite job is to help unload the dishwasher. He's so amiable that he doesn't mind if you are loading it at the same time. He just goes ahead with his job and unloads.

We have a little flower garden that we've been trying to maintain with weeding. It's been going OK but I don't really know what is what all the time. I'd go around and pull obvious weeds and grass and toss them in the lawn. This has been going on the past few months but I haven't been pulling all of them. Some plants that I thought were good ones have turned out to be nasty weeds. Doh. And they have taken over huge thick areas of territory. Too much for me to pull out and I start thinking about just using some Round-up to nuke the whole bunch. Elena tells me that she has some bulbs and stuff to plant and that chemicals won't be the best. She gets out our weed-eater and I show her how to run it. She takes it and tears things up. I shoveled up the dirt then and she planted her flowers. I made the mistake of not telling her to change into jeans before using the weed-eater. Yea, that wasn't the best.

Olivia and I went walking in the woods the other day. She ran off ahead all giggling and shouting making lots of noise. Apparently there were deer hiding where she was going and she almost got bulldozed by a couple of does. It didn't scare her and she just kept on running. Goofy kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home