Sunday, March 06, 2005

Toilet of Doom

OK, Mom and Dad come up Saturday to visit. Dad asks if they're is anything that needs to be done around the house. I say that I want to fix the downstairs toilet because it hasn't worked right and I haven't had time to work at it. We go down there to take a look at it. I didn't think that it would be that big of a project but little did I know. We took it apart easy enough. No troubles there. I thought that there was something plugging up the holes that jet into the bowl so I figured if we took it outside and blasted it with a hose it would clear up. So out we went. Oh, Elena took a look at the toilet then and said that she had put one of those clip-on freshener plastic things and part of it was missing. We thought, "doh." If I were a better storyteller and/or had the patience to describe all the intricate attempts to dislodge the little sucker in detail it'd be a long and very distressing tale of patience, teamwork, and a bit of hate for that porcelain commode. We used two different snakes, coaxial cable (TV cable), copper wire, garden hose, hammer, fishing line and sinkers, and a keyhole saw (a handsaw for drywall) to get that thing out. This was one of those projects that builds character.

We got it out of there and reset it in place and gave it a test flush and it worked like a charm. We cleaned up and had Mexican from Dos Amigos. I had a taco, a burrito, beans and rice. Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home