Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Stuff

Came home from work around two. Kids are asleep. Ahhh. I sit down and Elena on the computer holding Zach turns and reminds me that Speckles has a vet appointment. OK, no problem. The kids were asleep.

But not for long.

Olivia starts screaming from her room and Zach gets hungry. Olivia has that I'm not quite awake yet dazed and angry act and wants to be held. And left alone. And given cherrios. And watch videos on the computer. Zach just wants some food so make a bottle and away we go with him. Olivia settles down and becomes her normal goofy self.
She sits on the floor and repeatedly slams the back of her head against the cushions. Zach pukes up some and that worries her. I put Zach in his swing and we vacuum around for a while. Olivia dragged our camcorder out from its hiding place and wanted me to run it. So I start filming. Olivia sneaks up to Zach stands right in front of his swing. She fists her hands and covers her eyes for a few seconds and peek-a-boo's him out of the blue. I've never seen her do that. I guess she learned it at daycare. She did it about 5 times and just grinned and laughed when she uncovered her eyes. Zach wasn't nearly as impressed as I was. I'm told his vision cuts off at about a foot.

OK, time to finish off stuff in the basement. Livi and I head downstairs and we worked on the drain. We put in a new check valve and clean out cap. It took us a while. She was quite the helper. She sat in my lap and grabbed the tools and swung them around. She liked the noisy drill and the vacuum is always a hit. Then we want to work on the basement faucet drain. I had to use a piece of that when we re-did the kitchen drain a while ago. She insisted on sitting on my knee as I hacksawed the pipes and made the fittings work. Oh she was busy. I hear a shout from upstairs. "She has some of your tools!" Doh. Little knucklehead pilfered a screwdriver and snuck upstairs. Oh, she was so proud. All is well in our household for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home