Friday, April 22, 2005

leaky pipe

Last Monday right before going to work I go down stairs and see that some of the carpet in the basement bathroom is wet. I think that the repairs we did to the upstairs bathroom sink had gotten loose and when used it was seeping through the floor to the basement. So this means that as long as not much water is used it won't get worse until I can get home tonight and redo the drains. Not so much. Elena calls me around 7 PM at work and tells me that there is a pin hole leak right above the main shut off and its been going for a long time. I buy some repair parts and hope for the best. When I get there I just have a miserable time with soldering the copper. For starters, I'm not that good at it. I think I have it set and test the line and it leaks. Crud.
OK, shut off the water and try to re-solder. I can't get the pipes hot enough with all the water in them and it doesn't work. So I cut the pipes again and re-do some of it.
This time I mess up and get it too hot for it to run in properly and I don't realize it. Elena comes down to see the progress and tells me that its after midnight. Super.
Anyway, this didn't work and I'm out of stuff to use. So I get up at 5 and run to the other Menards store that opens then. Buy the parts I need and go home. Twenty minutes later we're good to go with no leaks. Head back to bed for a few hours and off to work again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home