Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Moved in

Ahh... Reconnected to the internet

Well, all moved in except for Elena's piano. It's a big heavy thing that we're getting some movers to get over here. My mom and dad came up along with Ben and we finished up the move on Saturday. We had three trucks and Elena's car and made two trips from the house and one trip from storage. It was a fairly smooth move. No major headaches and we weren't trying to break any speed records.

We're really getting into the new place. The water here is really sandy and rusty. I've been tweaking around with different water filters to see what will work the best for the whole house and for the kitchen faucet. When I change the first one out of the ground it is just all red soup. It reminds me of the gold prospector's pan looks like when he starts sifting. No nitrates though.

The kids have weathered the change fairly well. Olivia has some issues sometimes but she likes her new room and the big sunroom that is full of her toys. Zach still just likes to play with whatever is set in front of him, take baths and eat.

I'm having trouble finding things in the kitchen. Mom unpacked a lot of our stuff for there and we still don't know what works best for us. I keep on opening doors expecting to see things but alas. Someday it'll get worked out.

We have lots of ground turned up from gophers I think. I don't know right now what to do about it having two kids and a dog. With winter coming it won't be a big deal but next spring I don't know about getting poison or a spring loaded spear trap.

We see deer quite often. Lots of does and a few bucks. Hopefully they won't destroy all the small trees. Elena has frowned upon firearms in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home