Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday School

Olivia has been going to Sunday school. She enjoys it but Elena has been having to stay with her or she gets very upset. Zach gets dropped off at the nursery and forgets about us. There are just too many toys to play with.

Today we went to church and got there at our usual time. Late. Nobody's fault it just takes us a long time. I dropped Elena and Olivia off at the door and Zach and I rushed to park. He went to the nursery and I went back to sit with the congregation. The pastor was doing his opening remarks and I waited to go in so as not to disturb. He finished and everybody stood to sing and I tried to sneak in. The usher welcomed me and gave me a pamphlet. I was feeling bad for being late and awkward about being alone. I haven't done anything social alone in I don't know how long. I saw Pastor Wahl walking around and he greeted one of the ushers and said a quick word. I was wandering around the back pathetically looking around for a seat, the place was fairly packed and he came up and patted me on the shoulder and said, "Glad that you are here." I turned and he was already off doing his other duties. In a million years, he wouldn't know my name but he took the time to greet my late, lost self. I'm sure he does that all the time and is only second nature to him but it meant something to me today.

I did eventually find a seat in my favorite part of the church. It is next to the choirs, brass section, hand bells and toddlers.

The Vikings lost today. Not so good.

Hawkeyes won yesterday. Very good. #1 Ohio State next week. Gotta be up for that one.

Went to Decorah yesterday too. Saw the McCoy's for a bit. We went to Luke and Adam's birthday party. It was a good time. We played some cards and socialized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home