Friday, September 01, 2006

water colors

Elena and Olivia have been having great times painting pictures with their water color set. They put newspaper all over the kitchen table and paint away. Olivia has come up with some very interesting abstracts.

I'm taking a much needed break after work enjoying some time in front of the computer playing games. I think this sets off an alarm in certain peoples heads telling them that I am enjoying "me-time" and should be promptly interrupted. I get into the game and klaxons start going off in my daughters head.

*BREEPPPP* *BREEPPPP*

"Daddy come paint too?"

"Daddy, you paint here."

When I think of things I want to do on an evening off, painting watercolors is so far down the list I wouldn't have even thought of doing it. I sigh and close out my game and go to the table. Elena sets me up with a paper and a brush and we get to painting.

I channel Bob Ross and go for an outdoors scene. I had mountains, happy pine trees, bushes and a nice trail through the woods. I was really surprised on how relaxing that is. I have to be creative all the time at work trying to figure out peoples plumbing problems but I can really tell that this is flexing brain muscles that I don't use very often.

Olivia paints a really nice picture of what looks like what a three year old would do if they had 10 water colors and a brush. She has loads of fun painting. She could paint for hours I bet. It just has to be done after Zach is asleep so it is a limited activity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job Dad! Those are the memories that will last!!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home