Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fix up stuff

The kids and I have been busy fixing things around the house. I have come to accept that when I start a project with the kids that it will take much longer than expected, not turn out as well as hoped and that I will lose parts.

We put up an outdoor clothes hanger yesterday. I started it a while ago with the holes but it started to rain so that put us off a few days. Olivia and I had a great time mixing the concrete. She decided that it needed a lot of water in the 24 hour mix. I'm hoping that the concrete will be set sometime next week. I asked her to hold the posts straight while I poured the mix in the hole. She promptly started shaking it all around.

The refrigerator's ice maker line was leaking and I set up trying to figure out what to do. I unscrewed a back panel and made the mistake of setting the screws down. Zach casually walks over and takes them to parts unknown. I did manage to get them back when done though.

We have been watching on DVD the HBO series called "Six Feet Under." It is about a family who operates a funeral parlor. I didn't think I'd like it but it has really grown on me. They tackle issues in ways that the networks just can't/won't do. It is a series where nothing can go quite right for these poor people. Something good happens then something equally bad comes. There are many odd relationships including the teenage daughter dating a guy on the run from the police for drugs and robbery and how she deals with how she likes this guy even though he does some stupid things. Another is one of the owners seems to find a great girl for the first time in his life and he has passed the mortician test but he finds out he has serious brain problems. The other owner is very professional and proper but has at times a wild gay streak in him. The mother is trying to figure out her life after her husband recently died and her new relationships with her boss, a Russian florist and, I guess, a former hippie in Ed Bagley, Jr.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the part about the kids I really liked.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home