Saturday, November 12, 2005

Mowed the whole yard

I had some gas left over in the tank and thought that I'd give our new house a good mow. I figured I had enough for about a 1/2 hour so I started up front and got around the front of the house and next to the neighbors. Still going strong so I mowed another section. Then another. Then another. Then I was just left with the main back yard. Holy crud the mower was getting heavy to push. So I started making big circles and expected to run out of gas any moment. Nope. It started to get dark out. I kept pushing. The blisters on my hands didn't pop open so that was a lucky break. Eventually the lawn was mowed and there was still gas in the tank. (I did run out of the mower's tank once but did have some left in the fill tank) We're investing in a rider mower for next summer that is for sure.

House is doing good. We're slowly figuring out how the electrical switches are connected to the lights and outlets. It seems they tried to be user friendly but right now it is counter-intuitive.

Lots of projects. Installed a third water filter in the house under the kitchen faucet. It seems to work well.

I lost my garage door remote when we were moving in. That sucks. I have to get out, go into the house, open the door, go back and drive in and then close it. Oh well, it'll show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home