Friday, July 28, 2006

Nordic Fest

I got off work today and we buzzed down to Decorah for Nordic Fest. We had a nice supper with the folks and then headed downtown. It has been an awfully hot and humid all summer and today was no exception. We walked around for about a half hour and tried the rumegrat. We said hi to Todd Walter and his girlfriend but didn't see anybody else we knew. After that the kids were getting hot so we went to the Whippy Dip for some slushes and ice cream.

We were going to meet up with Ben and Steph at their house but we went on a little adventure up Palisades Park and Olivia and I looked over the edge over Decorah. She wanted to climb over the rock wall and look even further out but I stopped that. Nothing like a 40 foot drop onto brush and limestone to ruin a nice evening.

We then went over to their house and chatted for a bit and fixed their failing shower. I had purchased a new cartridge for them and we put that guy in and the shower is as good as new.

As we were walking in the door coming home we heard the phone ringing. I rushed in to hear the start of a message from Aunt Debbie. I picked up the phone and got the news about Nate and Kim getting pregnant. Good for them! We talked a bit longer about their living in Cali with all the posh movie stars. I guess I was boring her because she hung up on me but I guess I don't blame her. What, me from MinnesOta and all. Elena tells me that it was probably a cell phone problem but I'm unconvinced.

Speaking of MinnesOta, the Vikings signed Chad Greenway yesterday!!! He should be a big stud at outside LB for years to come. Hopefully. Vikings are looking good this year. Both OL and DL should be rock solid so I'm looking for good things. Hopefully Brad Johnson can keep it going another year. I think he's 43 so he'll need all the help he can get from the OL.

Cards lost to the Cubbies again today. Don't know what is in the water at Wrigley but they have the Card's number. Still like 5 games up on the Reds though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home