Saturday, August 27, 2005

Phone call mishaps

OK, so I'm at work and I have this shower display that has a crack in the base of it. I call the manufacturer to get a repair guy out to fix it. She says that I need to call another number for after sales support. I say, "OK," and take the number. I'm feeling good, making progress.

I dial and after a few rings this sultry recorded voice answers that I've connected to some line where all my wildest fantasies would come true. I thought, "Eight hours straight sleep? Six maybe?" Alas, no. They were selling some phone sex stuff "where women are dominant." I chuckled a bit and hung up.

My boss, Brad, walks by and he's kinda a horn-dog and I tell him about it. He says, "Redial." I do and get this same line and he takes a listen and laughs and hands it off to the millwork manager and he smiles and shakes his head.

I do some more research and find the right number and we're back on track.

As we were finishing up the day, Brad, Steve the floorcoverings manager, and I get to talking and it turns out that a guy at the store had a door-to-door salesman come by his house and talk him into purchasing a $1800 vacuum. Young couple, maybe 24-25, wife is expecting in a few months, money is probably tight. Yikes. I guess he felt just stupid. Apparently they have all hardwood floors except for a couple of throw rugs on top of everything else. Somebody who is good at math could figure out how much that thing will cost at $70 monthly payments. But I guess that thing can pick up carriage bolts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home